Want to honor the mompreneur in your life with a special gift on Mother’s Day? You could go the predictable route with flowers, scented candles and personalized jewelry. Or you could try something different this year and choose a gift that will help her juggle the many tasks of running a business while raising a family. Here are just a few ideas to consider:
Top Ten Mother’s Day Gifts for Mompreneurs
10. A Journal. From baby’s first tooth, to the latest bright idea, there are countless thoughts to be captured in a journal. Treat mom to a decadent journal with gorgeous pages like these artistic creations from Papaya.
9. An App for That. Think about mom’s greatest challenge. Her biggest time zapper. Chances are there’s an app that will make her life easier. If you find one that packs school lunches, please let me know! (Here are Ten Things I Wish My Phone Could Do For Me!)
8. Egg Timer. If she doesn’t have a smart phone with a stopwatch, go to Walgreen’s and get her a classic egg timer. It’s the perfect tool for structuring time and setting boundaries.
7. An Addition to the Business Library. If she’s a knowledge-junkie like I am, mom will appreciate the latest business books or an Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card. One of my recent favorites is The New Relationship Marketing Book by Mari Smith.
6. Travel Essentials. Most entrepreneurs find themselves on the road – for client meetings, conferences and other events. Make mom’s travel easier with great travel gear like packing cubes and toiletry kits from Magellan’s Travel Supplies.
5. A Creative Adventure. A mompreneur’s life is busy – and we sometimes forget to schedule time for fun! Give your mom the gift of creativity – whatever that means to her. Maybe she would enjoy a cooking class, painting party, gardening day or theater tickets. Read more about creativity and the Art of Being a Stress Free Mom here.
4. A Nature Excursion. If mom’s business is an indoor affair, she could probably use a little fresh air. Schedule a fun outing for the two of you (or the whole family) and spend some time appreciating God’s creation. Some of my favorite nature excursions include hiking, kayaking, camping, biking, and my latest discovery – stand up paddle boarding!
3. A Laundry Fairy. Even if she has a housekeeper and the kids pitch in, mom is probably spending a good portion of her week washing, drying and folding laundry. Why not give her a weeklong “Laundry Pass” – during which time the rest of the family takes over the chore completely. (Just don’t mix the darks and whites!)
2. A Poem, Story, Song or Video. Use your creative talents to produce a unique tribute to the mompreneur in your life. Have fun with it and know that she will treasure this expression of your love forever.
1. Anything homemade. The number one thing moms want for Mother’s Day is a thoughtful, love-filled gift from the heart. From breakfast in bed to fragrant herb gardens, anything you make for a mompreneur will be received with much love and gratitude!
Do you have a Mother’s Day gift idea to share? Or a story to tell about a special Mother’s Day gift you received? I’d love to hear from you!
Are you serious about running a business that supports faith and family?
Get your free copy of the Ten Commandments of a Mompreneur at www.TheChristianMompreneur.com